Chicago Chi Alpha CMIT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss theology and other aspects of the CMIT program

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video assignment - Salvation history

Go down 
+2
Lauren_McDaniel
Josh_Boman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh_Boman
Admin
Josh_Boman

Video assignment - Salvation history Empty
PostSubject: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:10 am

Record a video of yourself sharing the story of the gospel, using the five-act structure from Bird (556-563). Post your video to YouTube and put a link in the forum.
Watch the other CMITs’ videos and comment on what you liked.
Back to top Go down
https://chicmit.forumotion.com
Lauren_McDaniel

Lauren_McDaniel

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 9:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Jolene_Carter

Jolene_Carter

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Sarah_Baldwin

Sarah_Baldwin

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 12:54 am

Back to top Go down
Josh_Boman
Admin
Josh_Boman

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 11:03 am

Excellent work everyone! I appreciate the quality each of you put into this assignment.

Lauren - I liked how you brought out God's purpose for Abraham, building a multiethnic family. And then showing how the OT revealed that family to be flawed and in need of rescue. And great work at the end bringing the story back around to how God's original purpose for creation will be fulfilled.

Jolene - You had a great pace and confident delivery. I loved your line "But God was still determined to be gracious" when he called the family of Abraham. You did a great job connected both the failures of Israel and the messages of the prophets to set the stage for Jesus. And, like Lauren, you summed up things really well at the end, showing God's plan to restore all things.

Sarah - Your depiction of Abraham's family was excellent - we need someone to help us because we can't do it ourselves. That's pretty much a summary of the OT, isn't it? I also liked how your incorporated the Spirit and Pentecost into your story of the gospel. That's an important part.

Watching your videos reminded me how relevant the story of Israel is to the gospel. The story of Adam and Eve, the story of Abraham and Israel's failures - all that is the story of us, too. Someone once said, "The Jews are like everyone else, only more so." Israel's failures in the OT tells the story of humanity - we know what to do, but we don't do it; we distort the truth and flatter ourselves; we take advantage of the weak; we try to appoint leaders to make us better people, but those leaders are just as broken as us. We need a savior and a king.

What did you all find helpful in the other's videos?
Back to top Go down
Rachel_Varghese

Rachel_Varghese

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 9:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Daniel_Macias

Daniel_Macias

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 11:04 pm

Lauren- I really enjoyed how you talked about the dual nature of Israel relationship with God. Even though Israel was unfaithful God still was. I also liked how you tied that idea into how and why Jesus came from heaven. I also enjoyed the ending of how you put He will wipe our tears away.

Jolene- The delivery of the story was great. It felt like I was hearing it from a friend not from a pulpit. I also thought your emphasis on how bad sin really is was good because when you talked about how Jesus overcame that it made it all the more meaningful. This thing that controlled the lives of humanity was not destroyed.

Sarah- I liked how you went into how Jesus is the perfect sacrifice. I thought brining in Hebrews into the discussion was great! Additionally, I thought mentioning Pentecost was great. That was something I didn't get into but it's clearly vital to how the church operates today.

Rachel- I liked how you went into some of the prophesies of the Messiah before bringing up Abraham, pointing to the significance of who and what Jesus was going to do according to those prophesies. I also liked how you brought up "there is neither jew nor gentile..."

Back to top Go down
Daniel_Macias

Daniel_Macias

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 11:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Rachel_Varghese

Rachel_Varghese

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 2:10 pm

Daniel! I liked how at the end you reiterated the "oneness" of the whole story. How all of history and the story of the Bible begins and ends with God!
Back to top Go down
Josh_Boman
Admin
Josh_Boman

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 5:21 pm

Rachel - I liked how you used the idea of needing "someone who would lead humanity back to God" as a foundation for telling the story about Jesus. It made for a good through-line throughout your telling of the story.

Daniel - Great summary at the end, reminding us about Jesus being the star of the story, and the truer fulfillment of all that had come before (Noah, Israel, etc).

Excellent work, both of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video assignment - Salvation history   Video assignment - Salvation history Empty

Back to top Go down

Video assignment - Salvation history
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicago Chi Alpha CMIT  :: Theology Homework and Discussions :: February 11 Roundtable-
Jump to: