Chicago Chi Alpha CMIT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss theology and other aspects of the CMIT program

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion Question 2: Evolution

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh_Boman
Admin
Josh_Boman

Discussion Question 2: Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Discussion Question 2: Evolution   Discussion Question 2: Evolution EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 7:43 am

Do you think someone can be a sincere Christian and believe in evolution? Explain your answer.
Back to top Go down
https://chicmit.forumotion.com
Rachel_Varghese

Rachel_Varghese

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Question 2: Evolution   Discussion Question 2: Evolution EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 8:34 pm

I think you can be a sincere Christian and believe in evolution. What is important is the recognition that God was intimately involved with the makings of the world. As it says in John 1:3, "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." So however you believe the exact account of creation goes, the important message to come away with is that God did it all.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_Macias

Daniel_Macias

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Question 2: Evolution   Discussion Question 2: Evolution EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 9:18 pm

I think someone can be a sincere Christian and believe in evolution. As far as I understand, the creation story is not a scientific document but is poetry. It also has two different stories of how the world was made. As I understand evolution does not claim how life was started but how we got here. All of these are reasons that are enough evidence to give someone permission (in my book) to believe what science says and to believe what God says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Question 2: Evolution   Discussion Question 2: Evolution Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion Question 2: Evolution
Page 1 of 1