Chicago Chi Alpha CMIT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss theology and other aspects of the CMIT program

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh_Boman
Admin
Josh_Boman

Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei Empty
PostSubject: Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei   Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 11:18 am

Think back through your week. What evidence of total depravity have you experienced? What evidence of the truth that humanity is created in the image of God?
Back to top Go down
https://chicmit.forumotion.com
Rachel_Varghese

Rachel_Varghese

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei   Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:47 pm

What evidence of total depravity:
There has been some beef in my family over wedding stuff this past week. Old tensions are resurfacing. People are manipulating others. Insecurities are being taken advantage of... you get it. Even among Jesus-loving, "healthy" families, people are still people. We have all taken part in the tearing down of another person. Not fun!
What evidence of the truth that humanity is created in the image of God:
God has called us all his royal sons and daughters, and we get to proclaim his glory! By practicing support-raising presentations and support meetings, I am reminded of God's glory in me that I get to share.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_Macias

Daniel_Macias

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei   Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm

Total Depravity- Today we had to practice a five minute window for support raising and thinking back on some of the hardships students have gone through reminds me of the depravity we face as humans. What other groups will do to manipulate and keep young men and women under their influence is hard to think about.

Image of God- Living in Chicago and seeing the city skyline is something that reminds me we were created in the image of God. God is a creator who made us. Similarly, we are creators who create beautiful things at times. This includes the Chicago skyline and other kinds of art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei   Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion Question 1: Total Depravity + Imago Dei
Page 1 of 1